[DWJ] Howl's Moving Castle film

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Jun 21 04:23:29 EDT 2008

On Saturday 21 June 2008, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> I prefer the subtitled to the dubbed version, because the
> mouths are perfect for what is said in Japanese and don't quite fit the
> English, but maybe that's just me...

We could have either dubbed in Dutch or Japanese with Dutch subtitles, and
chose subtitles because we've only ever heard bad Dutch dubbing voices. After
a while you stop noticing that you don't really understand one single word
(and only notice when you *do* understand one, like 'present'-- the Japanese
do give presents, don't they? Why use the English word then?)

   Irina

--
     "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?"           --Albus Dumbledore