[DWJ] Charmain and House of Many Ways

Sally Odgers sodgers at Iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 15 12:25:32 EDT 2008

I knew a girl with that name at school. She called it SHAH-MAIN.

I've been having great trouble getting this book. I have ordered and paid
for it twice, and the first time the payment was reversed because it turned
out the shop didn't have it after all. I have no idea what has happened with
the second copy. DWJ's Travel Jinx, perchance?

Sally O

Query: How do you actually pronounce Charmain? My inner voice says
"Char-MAIN"; but since people in the book keep calling her "Charming", maybe

it should be something like "CHAR-min" instead??