[DWJ] Re: Secret Country books (was The New Policeman)

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 10:48:06 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/15/2008 1:39:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  dwj-r
equest at suberic.net writes:

>  Pamela Dean (not Deans) wrote the trilogy _The Secret Country_, _The
>  Hidden Land_ and _The Whim of the Dragon_ (and they're very good). I  would
> guess these are the books Deborah is referring to -- at least  I've never
> heard of the other two authors as fantasy  writers.

Yup.  And lots of people love them, but I am devastated  by the
ending.

-deborah

Dean's just written another (besides _The Dubious Hills_, which is set in
the Secret Country but with none of the same characters), so strictly speaking
the ending is no longer the ending. I don't know if that helps. I'm looking
forward to reading it, anyway (though it'll likely be quite a while before it
gets into print).

Helen Schinske