[DWJ] The New Policeman

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jan 15 09:16:42 EST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Joe wrote:
> Do the Witch Week people get to keep their past existence? Can't remember
> myself (that's a part of _my_ past that's been scrubbed, evidently). That's
> the DWJ ending that lets me down the most.

It's not clear. Definitely none of the minor characters do, and
it's unclear whether or not Nan does, because even as the book
ends her old memories and her new memories are blending. Whether
or not her old memories are going to remain clearly hers or will
seem like fiction to her is really left up in the air.

-deborah
--
"I don't want to know what the structuralists think!  I want to
know what you think!"  -- Archer's Goon, Diana Wynne Jones