[DWJ] Song lyrics

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jan 15 09:04:25 EST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> How splendid if they said where the lines came from!  Homage rather
> than plagiarism would be a delight.  BB probably had to sing it at
> school -- Simon and Garfunkle's songs were on a lot of school
> curriculums (?curricula?) for a while.

He has credited them, though not in the liner notes for the
album.  But he has stated in concerts that he took the line from
Simon and Garfunkel, who were a huge early influence on him.
While it would have been better to credit them formerly in the
album, he has never claimed the lines as his own.

-deborah
--
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could