[DWJ] The New Policeman

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 14 21:28:55 EST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
> Are there any books in which the remembering is taken further - that
> element of living in the 'real' world and remembering the adventures
> and being changed by them, but not able to get back?

And Deborah wrote:
Not exactly the same, but the reason I can't bear the Secret
Country books is the people who are left behind in the real world
-- breaks my heart for them, and I can't bear it.

Deborah, who wrote these books? I looked in various library catalogues
and came up with a trilogy by Pamela Deans, and another book with the
title 'the Secret Country' by Jane Johnson. (Also John Pilger, but I
figured you weren't referring to his book).

Regards
Elizabeth (curious).