[DWJ] The New Policeman

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jan 14 18:53:50 EST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
> Are there any books in which the remembering is taken further - that
> element of living in the 'real' world and remembering the adventures
> and being changed by them, but not able to get back?

Not exactly the same, but the reason I can't bear the Secret
Country books is the people who are left behind in the real world
-- breaks my heart for them, and I can't bear it.

Narnia you can only get back to by dying, eventually, although
they're all happy enough about it.

And ObDWJ, you could say Homeward Bounders ends with Jamie
wishing he *could* go home, and Archer's Goon has all the
forgetting in the middle.  Not what you were asking, of course.

-deborah
--
Glory be to God for dappled things 	-- G. M. Hopkins