[DWJ] characters losing their memories

Allison Marles Gryski apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 14 17:03:46 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 09:33:37PM +0200, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:
> "The Hounds of the Morrigan" does that awful thing of erasing the
> participants' memories of their adventures at the end of the book. I find
> that hard to forgive!

I loathe that ... it happens in the Tredana trilogy by Joyce Ballou
Gregorian too, with particularly frustrating consequence at the end of
the second book.  I've always thought it was really cruel to do that
to characters ... to have all that experience and in the end, not get
to learn anything from it, because it's all forgotten.  What's the point
without memory?

Allison