[DWJ] Re: Unwelcome news

Judith Ridge judith_ridge at netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 14 04:40:54 EST 2008

> From: jodel at aol.com
> Subject: [DWJ] Unwelcome news
> To: dwj at suberic.net
>
> Well I hear that there has been another author death this last week.
> Although not  in SF or fantasy, or anyone that I think any of us ever
> met personally.
>
> George Macdonald Frasier; age 82 after, the obit said, some years
> battling with cancer. There was evidently a recent Flashman that I
> missed, which I am going to have to find, but it is the last of them.
>
> Just as depressing a piece of news as Terry Prachett's recent
> announcement.

You think? Much as I am sure it's sad to lose a favourite author (and the
end to their books), Fraser was elderly. Pratchett is relatively young and
should be looking at another good twenty+ years of creative life. I think
his alzheimer's diagnosis is far more depressing than an old man dying, even
after an awful illness.

Judith, re-emerging again

--
Judith Ridge
My blog: http://www.misrule.com.au/s9y/

--
Well, smack my ass and call me Judy!
(³Friends² 1:15‹The One with the Stoned Guy)