[DWJ] Joan Aiken (was: Georgette Heyer)

Rachel Ganz rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 07:23:28 EST 2008

 > Of Joan Aiken's ouvre, I prefer _Armitage, Armitage, Fly away home_.
 > I'm pretty sure she wrote a sequel to the story about the paper garden,
 > but I can't find it anywhere. Any pointers?

In the later collection there's a witch who rents a room in town, which the music teacher hires, and I think sees his princess in the distance. The witch is trying to hatch a griffin's egg to mend the fireplace, and Harriet and Mark look after the griffin.
Can't remember what it's called or which collection it's in though.
(Moon Cake?)

Rachel
Brevity, clarity and cups of tea