[DWJ] Re: mince pies

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jan 7 14:04:03 EST 2008

Minnow warmed my heart by writing:

> Our Jadwiga wrote
>
>>We made the drive to Dietrich's market [snip]
>> and they had real mincemeat pies for sale. I
[snip]
> We may be divided by a common language again, I suspect.  Real mincemeat
> is
> meat-free in England; only mince from the butcher is ground-up meat.

Thank you, Minnow, for sorting this out. Being both American and a
medieval-ish cook (I can do spaghetti sauce and bean soup and salsa, but
otherwise it's all medieval food) AND living in the Pennsylvania Deustch
region, I get muddled about these things because my food timelines seem to
have huge holes in them and essentially go round in circles. :)

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net