[DWJ] Georgette Heyer (also "what this list has given me")

Andrew Barton andrew.157barton at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 6 17:09:56 EST 2008

Jackie E Stallcup:

> Oh, I did read (and enjoy) Sorcery and Cecelia by Wrede and
 Stevener--is that a regency? (displaying my ignorance!) <

  Definitely regency-period and influenced in style by Heyer, (in an alternate universe, of course).  Do you know of the sequels, The Grand Tour and The Mislaid Magician?  These are also written as epistolary novels.

  That's Stevermer, BTW (RM, not N).  She has her own series set in a somewhat later period in another alternate world, starting with 'A College of Magics'.

  Patricia Wrede also wrote 'Mairelon the Magician' and a sequel, again regency-era fantasy with a tinge of romance.

  If you like 'Sorcery and Cecilia' you will almost certainly like these books too.

  Andrew