[DWJ] Re: Dwj Digest, Vol 30, Issue 12

Jennifer Rowland janamouse at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:58:08 EST 2008

Aimee wrote:
> Now, if I could only find a full-time, well-paying job that would
> allow me to spend my time recommending and buying books for a library...
> And doing copious "research"...
> Hm. I'm sure a lot of listers have this job, or something like it.
> Anybody?
> Is there a downside?
> :)

Well, there's the cunning approach of being a librarian... the downside there is the "well-paying" aspect! ;P
Or there are lots of library and/or school book suppliers that do selections these days. Almost certainly better-paying, because that is not a difficult thing to achieve. Book reviewing?  Bookblogging with such verve, wit and intelligence that your thoughts become required reading for all in the library world,  your tentacles of influence stretching across many lands, new authors living or dying by your recommendation?
Jennifer
(Now back to buying books for the library. Nonparametric Statistics with Applications to Science and Engineering, or The Analysis of Cross-classified Categorical Data? It's a tough one.)