[DWJ] Re: Quiet List

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Feb 28 08:56:51 EST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:
> I've thought of translating parts of my blog into English, there are many
> people I'd like to share it with but for the language barrier. Unfortunately
> I don't have the spare time!

I've often thought of translating your blog in English, too, at
least for my own purposes. *g* Which is to say I subscribe to it,
look at it, and about once every four months say to myself
"dammit! I can read Hebrew!", and I pick one with a nice easy to
understand illustration to prompt me and I struggle through it.
*13 years* of studying Hebrew and that's the best I can do.
Seriously, I'm like the stereotype of the monolingual American.

> Ob-DWJ: I've often wondered if my hair is what DWJ would call "wriggly".

Which means my hair is, too! I think I will take that on as my
new term for it, anyway, since that is far more attractive than
what I usually call it. *thanks DWJ*

-deborah
--
I don't suppose that I have ever been so happy.  No; was it happiness?
Something wider and darker, more like knowledge, more like the night: joy.