[DWJ] quiet list

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 27 08:36:01 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Minnow wrote:

> and Paul commented:
>
> > I see you sent that message to three groups simultaneously.
> >
> > Do you want to pass some time by telling who the other groups are?
>
> I am now totally confused

In my copy of her message, it says:

    To: dwj at suberic.net, tancompanions at yahoogroups.com,
        garden_of_the_moon at yahoogroups.com

(I didn't reply to any of them but this one, though.)

> : in *your headers, but not in hers, I got
>
> From: Paul Andinach
> To: Diana Wynne Jones discussion
> Subject: Re: [DWJ] quiet list

These, I assume you know.

This is the name of my email program.

Any message header beginning with "X-" is a custom header set up by
the individual sender, with no inherent meaning.

In this case, it's a bunch of nonsense I stuck into my default message
setup on a whim when I was a freshman, and never bothered to take out
again. As far as I can recall, you're the first person ever to have
commented on its existence.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."