[DWJ] Re: "Relentlessly Mundane" - Jo Walton

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun Feb 10 16:25:04 EST 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Kait Bessing wrote:
> I've looked her up on the website of our Swedish SF Bookshop, and they have
> Farthing and The King's Peace. Have ordered Farthing.

Good choice! It's an alternate-history of WWII, and very well-written. Its
sequel is Ha'Penny (pulished in hc in 2007). The third and final book in
the "small change" trilogy, Half a Crown, will be out in (August?) 2008.

Reviews at:
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/20/farthing_heartrendin.html
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/24/hapenny-haunting-thr.html
http://inwhichourhero.blogspot.com/2007/05/books-farthing-jo-walton-2006.html
http://inwhichourhero.blogspot.com/2007/11/books-hapenny-jo-walton-2007.html
http://www.citypaper.com/arts/story.asp?id=14955

> Tooth and Claw was not listed. Is that very new?

No, it was published by TOR in 2003 (hc) (2004 - pb). Amazon.ca shows it
as being out of print, however. Pity -- it's the English class and gender
system reinterpreted by dragons, and a great story.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"In dark paradise the other people grope on an arduous road. And the only brightness that sometimes lights
their nightly march like an ephemeral spark is a brief impression of a chance magnetic neighborliness --
a brief nostalgia, a momentary shudder, a dream of an hour of sunrise." -- C.V. Cavafy