[DWJ] testing

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Fri Feb 8 17:23:20 EST 2008

Melissa Proffitt wrote:
> It's always good to check.  I got dropped from the list for about five
> months in 2000 and thought it was just really quiet...and didn't bother to
> ask.  :)
>
> Melissa Proffitt
>
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 5:09:47 -0800, <bethreed at internetspeech.com> wrote:
>
>> well, i got a reminder from another list about bouncing and i was behind anyway.

That bouncing thing is annoying.  I got that message for the Lois Bujold
list, and it turned out that I needed to add the list's domain name to
the allowed senders list that my mail provider maintains.  This is not
super easy to do, but it worked; I no longer get those bounce warnings.
  My mail provider is GoDaddy.  They are a bit overzealous in blocking
spam, I think.  But I am sticking with them.  The provide a good service
at a reasonable price.

--Mark Allums