[DWJ] hello?

Joe oddenda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:23:56 EST 2008

On 1 Feb 2008, at 21:24, Irina Rempt wrote:

> On Friday 01 February 2008, Jackie E Stallcup wrote:
>> Is the list really quiet right now, or have I been unceremoniously
>> dumped?

I think everyone went off and started reading the books that were under
discussion. I went and got Kate Thompson's _The new policeman_,
prompted by the flurry of talk about it here. Totally underwhelmed, I'm
afraid, though I did like the way the flute was blackened on one side.
But why allude to Flann O'Brien in the title and then do NOTHING with
it? (Not my only gripe, but typing out the title there just reminded
me.)

> Oh, bless you for asking, I thought I was still disabled because our
> mail
> server was down for a week! But yes, no messages here for most of 2008.
>
> I'm rereading _Gaudy Night_ instead of writing (and have _The Lives of
> Christopher Chant_ next on the reread pile), because I'm royally stuck.

Try sending Mountjoy his two thousand...

Joe