[DWJ] Sayers and Meg Cabot v. DWJ

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Feb 1 18:51:49 EST 2008

In <20080201.154243.6136.0.jstallcup at juno.com>, Jackie E Stallcup wrote:

>hmmm... now I'm wondering... where and how does DWJ use first person?  At
>the moment, my feet are tucked too comfortably under me to get up and
>look.

>I'm thinking there's a paper topic here somewhere...

*Black Maria* is a book written by the protagonist, and DWJ had a bit of
a time convincing various copy-editor people here and there that yes,
she really did mean it to be written like that, it was being written by
someone who would not use proper English construction all the time.

Thanks for checking the not 'not' for me!  :-)  It made me read it twice
and mutter, but now I feel all better.

Minnow