[DWJ] endings [was Best of 2008]

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Tue Dec 30 12:10:02 EST 2008

Sigh.  Now this makes me wonder just how many of my childhood books were
tampered with by their "editors".  No wonder I have problems with The
Ogre Downstairs.  But I have to say I don't think that even as a child I
would have liked the Ogre dying.

But no one's answered my question about why Aunt Maria/Black Maria is so
difficult to get into.  It's still among my least favorite DWJs.  Are
there those of you for whom it is a favorite and why?

Yours,
Jenny