[DWJ] Best of 2008

Sun Dec 28 15:41:39 EST 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:59:27 +0200, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

>Melissa wrote:
>
>>  I really
>wanted to like _East of the Sun, West of the Moon_ but the storytelling
>style was...there is a specific kind of style that makes a "telling" story
>(as opposed to a "showing" story) work really well, that hinges on the
>narrator's voice being unique and interesting, and this just didn't have
>that.
>
>The book is acutally called "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow", but I was too lazy
>to look it up. But yes, I agree with your analysis. Though there were some
>interesting ideas with the embroidered curse and the likes, it just was not
>new enough.

I was too lazy to look up the title.  I've never been able to remember what
it was even though I was told about it long before it hit publication.  I am
looking forward to her new book about the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairy
tale (which, again, I cannot remember the actual title of and am also too
lazy to look up.  _Princess of the Midnight Ball_, I think.)

Melissa Proffitt
slobbing around in pajamas