[DWJ] websites (was What We've been doing instead of talking)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Aug 26 15:19:56 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> My least favorite ones are the ones that have music.  I know,
> that's not a
> visual distraction, but I listen to my own music all day long and
> it's a
> real pain to have to root out their music file and turn it OFF.
>
> Melissa Proffitt

Very annoying if you're surfing at the office, too.  It's so much
harder to pretend you're working.

Of course, _I_ would never surf at the office [because
I don't work in an office], but I don't usually want to
hear a website making noise at me.

I also don't like busy sites and ones in difficult-to-read
colors.

[technology update:  I have moved from Safari to Firefox.
Firefox doesn't deal with Webshots any better than Safari
did, so I'm still using an antique version of Netscape.  I've
downloaded the last version of Netscape, but haven't made
the switch yet.]

[Firefox has one attribute I don't care for, or maybe I
should say Safari has an attribute I prefer:  in Safari,
when a site is loading you can see the progress at the
top of the window, instead of having to peer at superfine
print at the bottom.]

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats
for they are cunning, and you sleep
with your mouth open.