[DWJ] House of Many Ways

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Aug 24 14:45:26 EDT 2008

Charlie wrote of the kobolds

>I was thinking "House Elves with Attitude."

I was reminded of the letter-of-the-law behaviour that fairies tend to
display in umpteen folk-tales; not telling you what you need to know unless
you ask the right question, not doing anything beyond what is asked, doing
*exactly* what it can be interpreted is asked, and so on.

I suspect DWJ of still having at the back of her mind her Encyclopedia of
Fantasy entry that never happened, 'Be Careful What You Ask For', in
places.

Minnow