[DWJ] Dogsbody illustration question

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 13:40:17 EDT 2008

Jackie wrote:

>Someone mentioned Tim Stevens the other day, as the illustrator of some
>of DWJ's books.
>
>Here's a question about one of his illustrations:  What in the heck is
>the picture that goes at all the chapter heads in Dogsbody supposed to
>be?  I can't figure it out and neither can my husband.   It looks like a
>brain inside a skull, or like a headless pig surrounded by a halo.
>
>I like the chapter heads in Tale of Time City, but this one is baffling!

DWJ says: 'somebody told me once, but I'm afraid I can't remember, and now
I look at it I have no idea whatever.'

She liked a suggestion from a friend, that it was a hedgehog backing away
from a situation it didn't like the look of, but agreed that this wasn't
really much to do with the book.

So apologies but she can't help!  If she ever has the chance she will ask,
but she reckons she may well simply forget again...

Minnow