[DWJ] Hello and Howl question

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:58:52 EDT 2008

2008/8/9 <jillizilla at yahoo.com>

> Hi everyone,
> This is my first attempt at a post, so hopefully I'm doing it correctly.
> I'm a female NYCer in my early twenties, and I just discovered DWJ a few
> weeks ago. I'm a graduate student now, but I am certified to teach
> elementary school and spent some time doing so, so I am a great lover and
> appreciator of children's lit. Someone recommended HMC to me, and I don't
> think my life will ever be the same. It is, quite simply, one of my favorite
> books that I have ever read. I will now be making it a mission to devour the
> rest of her work, though momentarily I am working from the rather limited
> community-based library in a small town until I return to the big city. I'm
> so excited to find a DWJ mailing list.

Welcome from me too—even though I am one of the list's quieter members, I
have to say how jealous I am--and at the same time excited for you--that
you're discovering DWJ for the first time. I observed on my blog the other
day how much harder it is to find "firsts" the older you get--so make the
most of this wonderful opportunity to explore the many worlds of DWJ!

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)