[DWJ] More off-topicality

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Wed Apr 30 13:17:59 EDT 2008

Dear Roger,

I'm assuming this is a British book.  The only one in the 1900-1930
period that seems to fit is the following:

Bridges, Thomas Charles.  /The sky riders: a stirring tale of adventure
round the world by T. C. Bridges.  Illustrated by G. Henry Evison/.
London: George G. Harrap, 1921.  192 p., [5] l. of pls., ill. (some
col.), 20 cm.  OCLC lists this edition at Oxford and 5 U.S. locations.
UK Copac lists at British Library, Oxford and National Library of Scotland.

It was republished in New York by Moffat Yard in 1923.  That edition is
at the University of Delaware.

It was reprinted in London as part of:

Bridges, Thomas Charles.  /The T.C. Bridges adventure book: Three
complete stories: The mystery message, The sky riders, Martin Crusoe/.
London: G.G. Harrap & Co., 1933.  OCLC lists at Louisiana State
University and University of Victoria, British Columbia.  UK Copac lists
at British Library, National Library of Scotland and Oxford.

If you want your own copy, there are 31 copies available at
http://www.vialibri.net <http://www.vialibri.net/>

There were several US books with sky riders in the title in the 1930s
but I really doubt they would have mentioned Touaregs.

Yours,
Jenny Schwartzberg
The Newberry Library
Chicago, IL