[DWJ] administrivia: list downtime tomorrow evening

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Apr 25 12:29:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Minnow wrote:
>> ObDWJ: Oh, come on, do I need ObDWJ's for administrivia?  I don't
>> remember Deep Secret well enough to make computer wizard jokes.
>
> 'You don't think that I'd be fool enough to move against the strength of
> the Matriarchy without getting hold of a conscious-class computer first, do
> you?'

That's it! That's perfect.

We are building the host server into a conscious-class computer,
in preparation for moving against the Matriarchy.

(Which, for those who are interested, means that we will be
putting the server on a Xen virtual machine in preparation for
making it more resilient to hardware failures. Hardware failures
in this case being equivalent to the Matriarchy. There must be
some sociopolitical metaphor I can make from that comparison, but
I am afraid I found myself currently unable, due to the
mindnumbing effects of Arth.)

-deborah
--
"`I am that merry wanderer of the night'?  I am that giggling-dangerous-
totally-bloody-psychotic-menace-to-life-and-limb, more like it."