[DWJ] Re: Dwj Digest, Vol 32, Issue 13

Philip Belben philip at axeside.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 14:39:25 EDT 2008

JEnnifer wondered:

> ObDWJ- hmmm. There are several clergymen, from the ineffectual one in
> Charmed Life ("There were some in the congregation who were certainly not
> sanctified") to the nasty one in The Merlin Conspiracy, but I'm not sure
> she has a bishop anywhere.

Well, there's an archbishop in Caprona, isn't there, and at least one in
The Merlin Conspiracy (ISTR both Canterbury and York turn up in Blest
with the high priests of the other religions for some ceremonial
function or other).

But I will admit I can think of nothing in between a parish priest and
an archbishop.

Who, though, were you thinking of as "the nasty one" in Merlin
Conspiracy?  The Prayermaster?  Can you count clergy of other religions
like that?  If so, would you allow Umru as a bishop?

While we're on the subject of clergy in Merlin Conspiracy, we mustn't
forget Grandfather Gwyn...

Philip.