[DWJ] Re: Hags

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 11:59:02 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:46:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  dwj-Kathleen
writes:

I like  that one - it is reminiscent of one of Tolkien's poems about
the dank damp  places where the Morlocks dwell (either Tolkien or de la
Mare, but I think  it was illustrated by Pauline Baynes).

Tolkien, yes, but it's not Morlocks, it's Mewlips.

FWIW, I think Horlocks is too much like Morlocks who drink Horlicks.

The closest male equivalent for hag that I can come up with is a Cunning  Man.

Helen Schinske