[DWJ] Various

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Apr 5 12:15:51 EDT 2008

Joe asked...

> Remembering this cheers me up every time I get served a dollop of coleslaw
> on the side of whatever I'm having. It's not our fault; even cabbage isn't
> really our fault, it came from Yurov. Does anyone, anywhere, actually eat
> the coleslaw when it appears on their plate?

My husband does.  He even claims to like the stuff.  He's a bit odd...

Another DWJ food reference is when Polly is travelling to Bristol, in "Fire
and Hemlock", and buys herself a ham roll to eat on the train, and it takes
nearly all of her money.  "She had not realised that food was so expensive"
is the sentence that always comes to my mind when I'm buying overpriced
sandwiches in station cafes.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--