[DWJ] Various

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Apr 4 05:25:10 EDT 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008, Minnow wrote:

> and Roger (I think) said:

> >Much better if one pickles them in vinegar and makes sauerkraut, mind.
>
> Er, that would depend on whether one actually liked sauerkraut.

Also, if you pickle cabbage in vinegar you don't get sauerkraut; sauerkraut is
made by lactic fermentation under the influence of salt. (I do like both
sauerkraut and pickled cabbage, but they're different things)

> Speaking of which, if shredded vegetation is what one wants,
> apple-and-carrot is rather better than coleslaw to my taste, and nicer than
> either shredded carrot or shredded apple alone.

Ooh, I'll try that next time I want shredded carrots!

   Irina

--
     "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?"           --Albus Dumbledore