[DWJ] Hathaway?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Apr 3 13:43:17 EDT 2008

I said...

> On the subject of cat-naming, my current feline is named Severus.
> Previously, I have had Vanyel, Shia, Gandalf, Fitz, Teren, Tazey, Magrat,
> Kyra, Lujan and Arakasi (not all at once, I hasten to add!  Though I did,
> at one point, have 9 felines in the house, which was excessive).
>
> A List-point to anyone who can identify the sources of all of these cat
> names.

Several people are going to have to share the list-point!

Vanyel - "The Last Herald-Mage" trilogy by Mercedes Lackey;
Shia - "The Artefacts of Power" tetralogy by Maggie Furey;
Gandalf - "The Lord of the Rings" by J. R. R. Tolkien;
Fitz - the "Farseer" trilogy by Robin Hobb;
Teren - the "Arrows" trilogy by Mercedes Lackey;
Tazey - "The Witches of Wenshar" by Barbara Hambly;
Magrat - the "Witches" books by Terry Pratchett;
Kyra - "Sorcerer's Ward" by Barbara Hambly;
Lujan - the "Empire" trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts;
Arakasi - the "Empire" trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts;
Severus - the "Harry Potter" series by J. K. Rowling.

Tazey and Shia are the two that no-one recognised, but I'm feeling generous,
so Jackie, Minnow, Ehsan, Kathleen, Aimee and Rachel may have a list-point
each.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--