[DWJ] Various

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 2 21:37:36 EDT 2008

Welcome Ehsan! You will note that talk about cats revives the list from
its previously comatose state.

Another conversation-starter is usually food. The tricky part is tying
it in to the list with a reference to DWJ or her books. Actually, I
think food doesn't figure as largely in DWJ books as it does in some
others. (Frx the Famous Five with their 'lashings of ginger beer') Am I
wrong in that? Happy to receive correction from those with better
memories than mine. I can recall Fifi doing some cooking in the kitchen
in Archer's Goon - and there's yummy food in Tale of Time City, isn't
there? Butter pies?

Sallyo, sorry to hear about your allergies. I have noticed that more
people seem to have allergies than in the past. This could be either
because a) the world is getting more polluted and so there are more
allergens floating around, or, b) I am getting older and notice things
more than I did when I was young and silly.

For some insane reason I have enrolled in a Masters of Library and
Information Science, so my brain has turned even more to mush than
usual. Some of it is interesting, but some of it is eye-poppingly
boring.

Shameless use of a subject line, wasn't it?

Regards
Elizabeth.