[DWJ] Hathaway?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Apr 2 17:22:36 EDT 2008

Minnow said...

> and Dorian (whom my machine yearns to call Sorian) concurred:
>
>>Heh.  I do that too.  I call it the Summon Public Transport Spell.  Not
>>only
>>does it summon buses and parking spaces, I've also successfully used it to
>>summon trains and key-holders (when we're locked out of the office).  And
>>if
>>three friends light up at once at a bus stop, it produces a taxi.  (This
>>spell only works if you do it yourself, though - if some random stranger
>>lights up at the bus stop, the bus will not arrive.)
>
> I hadn't realised there were so many rules.  :-)

Well, unless you're using the spell yourself, you wouldn't.  (And of course,
it may work differently for different people or in different locales.)

>>A List-point to anyone who can identify the sources of all of these cat
>>names.
>
> Nope, but I would guess from Vanyel, Gandalf and Kyra that the link might
> be Fantasy Novel Protagonists?  I suppose that Magrat is sort-of
> protagonistic, if that's a word...

Close.  It's Fantasy Novel Characters.  Most of the original characters
after whom we have named our cats are not, in fact, protagonists.

You'd probably have to have very similar reading tastes to mine to get them
all, in fact...out of 11 cat names, 3 are protagonists, 8 writers are
represented, and 10 books.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--