[DWJ] Hathaway?

Jackie E Stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Wed Apr 2 16:40:30 EDT 2008

No Gilligan--that was actually a bit traumatic.  We had a kitten picked
out at the shelter and named him Gilligan, but then there was a waiting
period and when it was up, someone else got there about half an hour
before we did.  It was very upsetting and it made me realize that I HAD
to have a cat, like RIGHT NOW.  And so off we went to two other shelters
and gathered up Professor and Skipper.  Mary Ann joined us of her own
accord, as did Ginger.

Actually, Professor picked us as well.  When I got to the shelter, he
flung himself at the mesh on the front of his cage and hung there, at my
eye level, glaring at me.   So of course I had to take him home.  At the
shelter, they told us he was a quiet, declawed female.  On the way home
he just about manage to demolish the box with his supposedly non-existent
claws.  And he turned out not to be female either.

Anyway, so that's why there's no Gilligan.  For a long time we felt that
there WAS a Gilligan, but we just didn't get to have him with us.

But right on the ticket: Gilligan's Island!

Jackie