[DWJ] Robert Jordan - sad news

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 04:10:01 EDT 2007

I heard yesterday that Robert Jordan has passed away.
The Wheel of Time has played such a significant part of my life and
imagination, for so many years, that I am very sorry.
For a few years I'd been very frustrated with the quality of writing,
but earlier this year I was really surprised by how much I thoroughly
enjoyed book eleven, despite everything.
I'm sorry I was frustrated now: he was ill.
Robert Jordan is the man I credit with making me a plot writer (or
encouraging a tendency). He inspired me and I lived in that world so
fiercely throughout my teenage years I would have happily given a
limb to change realities. Which shows some talent, really.
I thank him.

Aimee.