[DWJ] Books to avoid

Thu Sep 6 18:37:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:16:50 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Melissa:
>
>>*Daddy Drinks Because You Cry*
>>
>>(Note: one of my relatives did not realize that this was by way of being
>>humorous and not real.  It's not real.  Just in case anyone tries to order
>>one of these from Amazon or something.  :)
>
>Heh.  I would be *very* tempted by 'Daddy Drinks Because You Cry'.
>That's pure twisted genius.

I think they're HILARIOUS.  I am warped.

>Melissa Proffitt
>(it's been a really dull day)
>
>Would it do anything to share vicariously in my discovery that the
>next - and last - Casson family book is out already?  (At least over
>This Side.) Just wandered into a bookshop and found it sitting there.
>I thought there'd be much more of a wait before it was out.

Seriously?  I have to see about getting it.  I wasn't satisfied with _Caddy
Ever After_, and I'm eager for more.  I need something to read.

I should NEVER say that my day is dull again.  Wednesday afternoon, while
dragging my eldest through a horrible grammar lesson, I was interrupted by
some neighbor children shouting that they'd brought us a kitten they'd
rescued.  It turned out to be two weeks old and terrified and tiny, and now
I am involved (since these kids are the "parents" of our youngest cat and
they were confident I could figure out what to do, ha, let's hope so) in
what has a fifty percent chance, according to the vet, of turning out very
badly indeed.  On the plus side, he's a strong little critter and eats very
well and purrs like crazy; unfortunately, he seems to be developing an eye
infection, which is the biggest obstacle we have to overcome.

Oh yeah.  Not dull at all.

Melissa Proffitt