[DWJ] Books to avoid

Jennifer Rowland janamouse at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:53:36 EDT 2007

Charlie wrote:
> >BORING BOOKS FOR CHILDREN

Both lists were amusing. I must confess, though, I'd quite like to read some
of those! "Staring at your shoes and other games" and "Sally finds a stick"
just have a something about them.

Gili wrote:
>There actually is quite an interesting book about paper clips; [...]
>  "Six Million Paper Clips", is the name of the book:

That does sound fascinating.
The Evolution Of Everyday Things by Henry Petroski (good book) has a whole
section on the paperclip, which was pretty interesting as well. And in a
world where books about varied types of barbed wire and concrete roof tiles
have been printed for collectors, [1] who's to say there isn't a Big Book Of
Paperclips out there to delight the heart of the geeky collector child?
Jennifer

[1] As documented in Fish Who Answer The Telephone, the compendium of odd
books.