[DWJ] DWJ appreciation

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Sep 6 08:56:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Rachel Ganz wrote:

> I don't know if this link has been put up before, but you might like to read what the Cabinet of Curiosities (a lovely blog site) has to say on DWJ.
>
> http://cabinet-of-wonders.blogspot.com/2007/08/shameless-fangirl-post.html

That's lovely!  Although I take some issue with her statement
"True, they are technically 'young adult', but I don't see how
they have to be only young adult, as the stories are interesting
to everyone." Or rather, I think that's true about most young
adult literature and a fair amount of children's literature. I
wish adults pushing children's books didn't feel the need to
write apologias, explaining how this particular book transcends
its intended audience. What it reveals, sadly, is ignorance about
the accessibility of young adult and children's books to adults.

-deborah, who thinks that on average, children's and young adult
books are better written than adult
--
You gotta run when God makes you an offer
You gotta go if someone shows you how to go