[DWJ] Books to avoid

Wed Sep 5 14:44:47 EDT 2007

My brother-in-law sent this to the family list.  I thought it was a good
idea to keep all you literate types informed.

Some children's literature to avoid:  (as posted from his friend's blog)

*You Were An Accident*
*Strangers Have the Best Candy*
*The Little Sissy Who Snitched*
*Some Kittens CAN Fly!*
*Where Would You Like to be Buried?*
*Olivia Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her*
*The Attention Deficit Disorder Association's Book of Wild Animals of North
Amer--HEY! Let's Go Ride Bikes!*
*All Dogs Go to Hell (Special Foreword by Spot)*
*The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking*
*You're Different and That's Bad*
*POP! Goes the Hamster... and Other Great Microwave Games*
*Testing Homemade Parachutes Using Only Your Household Pets*
*Babar Meets the Taxidermist*
*The Boy Who Died from Eating All His Vegetables*
*Curious George and the High Voltage Fence*
*Why Can't Mr. Fork and Mr. Outlet Be Friends?*
*Things Rich Kids Have That You Never Will*
*How to Become the Dominant Military Power in Your Elementary School*
*When Mommy and Daddy Don't Know the Answer they say God Did It*
*Controlling the Playground--Respect through Fear*
*Daddy Drinks Because You Cry*

(Note: one of my relatives did not realize that this was by way of being
humorous and not real.  It's not real.  Just in case anyone tries to order
one of these from Amazon or something.  :)

Melissa Proffitt
(it's been a really dull day)