[DWJ] Neil Gaiman, Eva Ibbotson, Margo Lanagan, Karen Miller...

Susanna Victoria dragonflygreen11 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 17:13:42 EDT 2007

Aimee Smith wrote:

>Oh. THANKYOU to all the people who raved about EVA IBBOTSON! I have
just read - and adored - my first, 'The Star of Kazan'. How
beautiful! I really want to go to Vienna, now. Sit in someone's
kitchen. Eat pastries. Walk in the park. What endearing touches of
humour and detail!

I haven't read Eva Ibbotson yet, but I wanted to send out a big thank you to everyone on the list who has been recommending Lois McMaster Bujold.  She is fab fab fabulous!  I've been working my way through the Vorkosigan books since late August.  I've been attempting mostly chronological order, also based on recommendations from you all.  So far I've devoured Shards of Honor, Barrayar, The Vor Game, Borders of Infinity (the short story--haven't found the collection yet), Brothers in Arms, Mirror Dance, and Memory.  I think I like Memory best, but that may be because it's simply the most recent one I finished--just this morning.  Other series highlights so far are pretty much any scenes with Cordelia, Simon Illyan, Mark, or Ivan.  Thank you, thank you for the recommendation, everyone!  Now I'm off to start Komarr.

Susanna

~~~~~
Let the heart complete the pattern.