[DWJ] Black Maria ballet brilliant

Jane Scarlett mail at janescarlett.com
Fri Oct 26 17:28:21 EDT 2007

Seconded - I thought it told the story really well, and the kids picked up
the gist of the story without knowing anything about it before seeing the
ballet.  Adam (as expected) enjoyed the music more than the story, but Laura
got so engrossed in the story she forgot to watch what the dancers were
doing how, which she said she was going to watch out for.  I'm really
pleased by that:-). There is really some thing for everyone though.  And it
was far more enjoyable than I expected - I wasn't sure quite what to expect,
but I didn't expect anything quite so enjoyable.  I'll look out for more
events at Saddler's Wells now.

Diana was great too. It's the first time I've seen her, so I wasn't sure
what to expect.  She managed not to sound as if she was going through the
motions, even when she was asked the second time which was her favourite
book, which was very encouraging - Adam asked a couple of questions which he
wouldn't have done if she hadn't managed to turn each question into an
interesting answer.

Minnow, do you know if she enjoyed the ballet?  Please pass my thanks on to
her, and to Tom.

Jane