[DWJ] Black Maria ballet brilliant

meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 16:36:56 EDT 2007

Hello all, just a quick note to urge anyone who can get to London in the next couple of days to grab the chance
to see the Black Maria ballet - it surpassed all expectations and was a really wonderful show. There's some
tickets left for both matinee and evening performances, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The story was obviously simplified for a show - they cut out Mig's dad and the orphans, and had just 4 Mrs Urs
and Mr Urs, but everybody had a clear distinct personality and they kept the essence of the story.

Music and costumes were great, the dancing was really expressive, and they used a video screen at the back of
the stage as sets, showing woods or the seaside or cups of tea and cakes, or whatever.

I was hugely impressed, and I think everyone from kids upwards enjoyed it. Diana also answered questions befor
the show, so I'll try and report that on my website soon. After the ballet closes in London they're hoping to
get some touring shows, so maybe more of us will get a chance to see it anyway.

cheers, Meredith

---------
Diana Wynne Jones fansite - http://www.leemac.freeserve.co.uk
Changeover - http://www.moondustbooks.biz