[DWJ] is anyone else doing nanowrimo?

Allison Marles Gryski apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 5 16:59:19 EST 2007

This is my second year and it's actually harder than the first.
Last year I got my 50K, but I wasn't very happy with the end result.
I would have pretty much needed to garbage it all except for a couple
scenes and some of the world ideas.  More fodder for re-writing than
revising.  This year I'm taking it a bit slower (I'm at 5600 words as
opposed to last year's 10,000 so far) and trying to end up with
something I think is worth finishing and revising.  I've never finished
a long piece before, so that's what the big milestone will be for me.

I've found DWJ's advice very helpful:
http://www.leemac.freeserve.co.uk/hints.htm

Also, someone in my local nano group suggested that I never stop at the
end of a scene.  She said to always start the next scene so that when
you come back to it, you have somewhere to pick up from.

Allison