[DWJ] Film Rights and miscellaneous rants.

Wed May 23 10:51:17 EDT 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007 07:36:53 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Wed, 23 May 2007, Phil Boswell wrote:
>> Unless they could pull a "Princess Bride" out of the hat, but what are the
>> odds?
>>

>- one of my favorite movies of all time
>- a really good book
>- entirely different
>- yet somehow the film is true to the book

>very impressive, all told.

We just watched the movie again as a family last Monday.  The first time, I
had to *convince* the little rats that they would like it.

I own multiple copies of the book because Goldman keeps adding material
every time there's a new edition.  His story about the making of the movie
is lovely.

>ObNothingAtAll: I have "Princess Bride" and "Silent Gondoliers"
>shelved under Morgenstern on my bookshelves (I also have "Paarfi"
>and "Baggins" sections, but no "Number Ten Ox".  It has to be a
>perfect conceit that the book in hand was written by the false
>author before I'll do it).

You're so weird.  (Okay, I did the same thing with the Morgenstern.)

>ObDWJ: Er. DWJ takes up rather a lot of shelf space?

Yeah, she should be more considerate and write less, huh?

Melissa Proffitt