[DWJ] Bujold

Mon May 21 18:19:49 EDT 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 20:36:05 +0100, Phil Boswell wrote:

>On 21/05/07, Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at proffitt.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>> I'm sticking with it solely because I want to see the Lakewalker people and
>> their culture.  I was severely pissed off that we never got to them in the
>> first book.
>
>Without spoiling you any more than reading the back page, I can assure
>you that your wish will be granted.
>
>You'll then likely be pissed off for another reason, but that's all
>part of the reading experience ;-)

You never know, do you?  I can get pissed off at almost anything.  :)

I have no idea if I'll ever be attached to this series.  At the moment my
annoyance is purely intellectual.  But...more books in this world?  Do I
want to know why?  The thing I feared most after _A Civil Campaign_ is that,
having resolved Miles's love life, Bujold would fall into that "and they
lived happily ever after" that plagues so many authors and, more often, TV
show creators.  But it almost looks like she's not even trying, at least
when I get all cranky and pessimistic.

Melissa Proffitt