[DWJ] Bujold w/spoiler

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Sat May 19 20:02:40 EDT 2007

Jenny Schwartzberg wrote:
> Aha, another Bujold fan!  I thoroughly agree with you.
It would be impossible to find an actor who could
successfully portray Miles.  Though I'd be curious to
see a really good authentic adaptation of Shards of Honor.
There's enough space battles for it to draw a science
fiction audience and it would be a fun movie.  I want a
book about ThatIdiotIvan so badly.  Bujold's signed a contract to
do more Miles books so hopefully Ivan will get his turn.

Me:
The consensus on the Bujold list is that Peter Dinklage could play
Miles, or anyway, a younger Dinklage could.  Dinklage can be Googled
for, if you are not sure who he is.  I think the IMDB has some pictures.

I have communicated our desire to LMB that there be a book about Ivan,
but I don't think she took it seriously enough.  I will try again.  She
has contracted for *one* Vorksigan book, not several.  This is a spoiler,
There is a pretty good chance she will kill off Aral in the next book.
It will be a tough one to write and read.
Don't expect the book any time soon.  She still has two more books in
her Sharing Knife universe to write, and also, she may write two more
books in the Chalion/5-Gods universe as well.

--Mark A.