[DWJ] The weight discussion

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat May 19 13:18:01 EDT 2007

On May 19, 2007, at 3:48 AM, Minnow wrote:

> and Otter suggested:
>
>> I believe you're correct.  Have you tried Laurie King's recent
>> Sherlock
>> Holmes stories?  Mycroft is in most of them, at least at the edges.
>
> I have a nightmare that one day someone will start to write The
> Continuing
> Chrestomanci Series, when DWJ is no longer around to prevent it.
>
> Contemplate and scream...
>
> Minnow

Hmm.  Well, I intensely dislike the original Holmes, and quite like
Ms. King's stories.  And she's hardly the first to do Holmes.

DWJ is a _much_ better writer than Conan Doyle.

 From my close observation of writers... they fall
into two groups: those who bleed copiously and
visibly at any bad review, and those who bleed
copiously and secretly at any bad review.

                                        -- Isaac Asimov