[DWJ] DIR latest

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri May 18 18:29:56 EDT 2007

>For those friends of the Light who haven't been following events in
>Huntercombe (nr Bucharest) recently...
>http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10283.
>
>Not to be read by those of a nervous disposition!

Or accessed by anyone with an old web-browser.

nineteen minutes to download an A4 page of text and 2.7mb of pretty
pictures that didn't actually open and show themselves.

*sigh*

Charlie, next time could you maybe just grab the text and post it?

Slightly on topic, as being about turning books into televsion serieses or
films: they perpetrated a "The Coral Island" TV thing once.  Ralph was the
son of the Governor of the Colony in Sydney, being sent home to go to Eton;
Little Peterkin was a sneak-thief who turned up trying to steal the spoons
in Ralph's father's mansion; Jack was an illiterate thug who blackmailed
Ralph.  I gave up watching at that point, having gone round to a friend's
house specially to see it because I found the book fun when I was younger.

How about the film of *Swallows and Amazons* in which Mother accuses John
of lying and takes Captain Flint's side?  That one was a real "why oh why
oh why?" moment for me.

Minnow