[DWJ] The weight discussion

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri May 18 18:16:04 EDT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Mark Allums wrote:

> One more thing, before we go.  It's not children's lit, but it's lit.
> Wasn't Sherlock Holmes brother Mycroft obese?  He saw no point in
> taking to the field to solve crime, he just sat in his chair, and
> listened to the facts, and used his genius to answer questions.

I believe you're correct.  Have you tried Laurie King's recent Sherlock
Holmes stories?  Mycroft is in most of them, at least at the edges.

I have always felt that laughter in the face of
reality is probably the finest sound there is and
will last until the day when the game is called
on account of darkness. In this world, a good
time to laugh is any time you can.

                           -- Linda Ellerbee